Chauvel & Glatt, LLP wishes you and your family a happy and safe 4th of July!
Here are some fun 4th of July facts to share this weekend:
- Americans typically eat 150 million hot dogs on Independence Day, “enough to stretch from D.C. to L.A. more than five times,” according to the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council.
- Massachusetts became the first state to make the 4th of July an official state holiday in 1781.
- The famed Macy’s fireworks show in New York City uses more than 75,000 fireworks shells and costs about $6 million.
- Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest is held annually on July 4. In 2018, champion Joey Chestnut ate 74 hot dogs with buns in just 10 minutes.
- Independence Day became a federal holiday in 1870.
- The first July 4 celebration took place at the White House on 1801, hosted by Thomas Jefferson.
- Eating salmon is a July 4 tradition in parts of New England.
For more fun facts about the 4th of July check this out.
(photo credit: 123rf.com)