We are employer lawyers.
We counsel and defend businesses.Para leer en Español oprima aqui At Chauvel & Glatt, our attorneys represent employers and business owners by providing legal advice relative to the myriad of employment-related requirements and rules that apply to employers under California labor law. We have represented employers before various courts as well as California and federal agencies in a variety of cases. We also represent employers and employees in negotiating executive compensation and severance agreements.
Employee Handbook Compliance Review for Employers & Business Owners
- Counseling, advising, and defending employers on Covid-19 related matters.
- These include Covid-19’s impact on the workplace; drafting policies & protocols for businesses such as Cal-OSHA , OSHA, and CDPH compliant Covid-19 Prevention Plans and Response Protocols, employee notifications, temperature protocols, Covid-19 vaccine policies, Covid-19 testing policies, Work From Home policies, liability waivers, and more.
- Advise employers on Exclusion Pay and all new Covid-19 laws.
- Defend Covid-19 related claims or lawsuits.
Mediation, Arbitration, Litigation of all matters including
- Wage & Hour claims (for example: meal & rest breaks, overtime, split-shifts)
- Defense of PAGA (“Private Attorneys General Act”) cases
- Misclassification: Independent contractor vs. Employee analysis
- Sexual harassment claims
- Wrongful Termination
- Complaints before the DFEH, DLSE, OLSE, EEOC, DOL and other administrative agencies.
Counsel employers on:
- Compliance with all California and Federal Labor Laws
- Contract negotiations (including Executive Compensation Agreements) Confidentiality and trade secret clauses in agreements
- Covid-19 related laws, local and state requirements, and legal updates
- I-9 compliance
- Social Media Policies
- Employee Handbooks
- Advice regarding bullying in the workplace
- Employers rights to access employee e-commerce materials Healthy Care Security
- Ordinance (HCSO) (Healthy San Francisco program compliance and representation)
- Draft, negotiate and advise on severance agreements
Employee HandbooksThere are no one-size fits all approaches to your business. Creating a comprehensive and customized Employee Handbook is a great way to ensure your company is California compliant. There are hundreds of laws that relate to employment practices in California. This can seem daunting and overwhelming to even the most sophisticated business owner. Creating an Employee Handbook customized to your business needs is a great way to organize all of your policies and obligations under California law in a digestible and common sense manner so you and all of your employees are on the same page. Employee Handbooks can also serve as evidence of your knowledge and compliance with California employment regulations. These tailored documents decrease your risk of liability if an employee sues you for sexual harassment or discrimination by setting out a clear and progressive disciplinary system that can be uniformly applied to all employees for all types of issues that may arise. In order to get your 2022 compliant Handbook in time for new year contact us right away!
Annual Employment AuditsCalifornia laws are constantly changing. Our attorneys make it a priority to keep up-to-date on these changes. We recommend an annual audit of your policies to make sure you remain code compliant. These audits are pressure checks, just like an annual physical, where slight changes and adjustments can be made to keep your policies and procedures lawful with minimal disruption to your employees wor
Recent Corporate News
Workplace violence is on the rise in California and across the U.S. From 2014 to 2019 alone, workplace homicides in the U.S. increased at a …
In June 2022, Jeremy Hartwell (“Hartwell”), a former contestant on the second season of the reality TV show “Love is Blind” filed a lawsuit against …