We offer the option of consultations and meetings in-person, video & phone.

Keeping Your Association Up-To-Date

If you own an investment property in an association, you need to keep your own address on file or your tenants will be receiving your association dues! The California Legislature recently amended Cal. Civ. Code 4041 to require property owners within homeowner and condominium associations to update their addresses with the association annually.  If you do not, then all communications will go to the property.

What information do you need to provide?

  • Addresses for association notices;
  • Alternate or secondary addresses for association notices, if applicable;
  • Name and address of any legal representative (including any person with power of attorney); and
  • Whether the property is owner-occupied, rented out or undeveloped land.

While California law provides the framework for ownership responsibility within a planned community, each association has its own covenants, rules, and procedures that you are required to follow. If you do not have a copy of your community’s governing rules, be sure to ask for one.

Be sure to understand your obligations! For more information on your planned community, your rights and obligations, contact TJ Walsh, Esq. at Chauvel & Glatt, LLP at (650) 573-9500 for more information.


Latest News

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

"*" indicates required fields