We offer the option of consultations and meetings in-person, video & phone.

How Do I transfer My Car to My Beneficiary?

Question: I want my car to go to my son after my death. What paperwork do I have to submit to keep him (and his siblings) out of probate court?

Answer: You can designate a transfer-on-death (TOD) beneficiary. A TOD allows assets to pass directly to your selected beneficiary. After your death, your son will automatically receive your car without having to go to probate court.

To learn how to submit a TOD registration in California, click here.


Latest News

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

"*" indicates required fields